Here are the top ten news stories, for the week ending July 31, 2022, covering catastrophe, ILS, capital of reinsurance and risk-related topics. To make sure you don’t miss anything, sign up for Artemis email newsletter updates or get our email alerts for every article we publish.
Join us at our cat bond & ILS conference in London on September 6.
The ten most read articles on Artemis.bm, week ending July 31st 2022:
- Cat breeds are not good indicators of climate change: CEO of RenRe O’Donnell
RenaissanceRe chief executive Kevin O’Donnell said vendors are modeling risks and failing to capture the impact of climate change.
- Demotech says Florida insurance ratings will take longer, defends its strategy
Ratings agency Demotech has now extended the process of revising ratings for Florida property insurance carriers, which is expected to expire today, as it responds to criticism from Florida leaders.
- Florida: No one can think of reinsurance (brokers)
With Florida’s property insurance market seemingly entering a new crisis, with the possibility of Demotech bringing down many carriers that caused the state authorities to back off, it’s hard not to imagine the impact on the insurance market.
- US asset recovery rates at highest level since 2009: Guy Carpenter
Online resale prices in the United States are now back to their highest level since 2009, according to updated data from broker Guy Carpenter.
- Swiss Re appoints Andy Palmer CEO of Swiss Re Capital Markets Limited
Swiss Re has appointed renowned UK-linked insurer (ILS) executive Andy Palmer as the new CEO of its Swiss Re Capital Markets Limited business.
- Senator Rubio wants a Florida Federal review of the trust in Demotech
US Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) waded into Florida’s property insurance crisis, calling for a review of the state’s reliance on Demotech as a regulatory agency.
- Gallagher Re hires AXIS’ Gupta as VP ILS Structuring & Origination
Gallagher Re has made an insurance-linked (ILS) executive hire, taking Keshav Gupta to his most recent role at AXIS Capital.
- Fidelis to separate records from accounting records when starting MGU
Fidelis Insurance Holdings Limited has announced a new restructuring plan as it prepares to launch MGU and separate the new underwriting and underwriting group from its businesses.
- Florida OIR has established a temporary insurance plan through Citizens
In an effort to stabilize the property insurance market, the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) has announced plans to re-establish a temporary restoration plan through Citizens Property Insurance Corporation.
- SCOR hires Benjamin Jacquet from Credit Suisse to work on ILS
SCOR plans to add insurance-linked (ILS) expertise to its portfolio, hiring Benjamin Jacquet who will join the lender from his role at Credit Suisse Insurance-Linked Strategies.
This is not all the news that was released on Artemis last week, which became very popular among our readers in the last seven days. There were 37 new articles published last week. To ensure you are always in the know with Artemis and never miss an issue, sign up for our email newsletter delivered every Wednesday.
See the breakdown of the ILS market on our various charts, allowing you to track the supply of cats.
Explore the features under ILS fund market management and our ILS Investment manager directory.
Subscribe to our MarketView list of experts.