Disclaimer: We receive a commission from our affiliate links on Forbes Advisor. Committees do not influence the opinions or evaluations of our editors.
Chevrolet Traverse car insurance at a glance:
- Annual cost of auto insurance for a 30-year-old driver: $1,709
- The cheapest insurance companies for Chevrolet Traverse insurance: USAA, Nationwide and Geico
- Cheapest Traverse insurance area: Maine
- The most expensive state for Traverse insurance: Louisiana
The Chevrolet Traverse is an excellent choice for drivers who prioritize passenger space and cargo space. While raising your car with friends and family sounds good, insurance costs should also be part of your budget. Here is the cost of insurance for the Chevrolet Traverse.
Chevrolet Traverse Insurance Costs by Company
Chevrolet Traverse owners can save hundreds of dollars a year by comparing car insurance rates from different companies. Among the major insurance companies we reviewed, USAA offers the cheapest Chevrolet Traverse car insurance. If you don’t qualify for USAA car insurance as a military veteran, service member or family member, Nationwide and Geico are the cheapest in our review.
Related: Best car insurance companies
Chevrolet Traverse Insurance Rates by State
State-by-state variation in Chevrolet Traverse insurance rates is due to repair costs, medical costs, past state claims, state laws and more. Louisiana is the most expensive state for Chevrolet Traverse auto insurance.
Chevrolet Traverse Insurance Cost Based on Years of Driving
The cheapest age to insure a Chevrolet Traverse is 60 years old, according to a Forbes Advisor pricing study.
Men and women pay the same to insure the Traverse. For example, a 40-year-old man pays only $6 a year compared to a 40-year-old woman.
The most expensive age to insure a Traverse is 20 and under. Twenty years later, at age 40, the insurance cost of the Chevrolet Traverse is 51% cheaper.
There are several factors that go into determining how much your car insurance will cost. In addition to the type of vehicle, these factors include your driving history, your vehicle’s business use, where you live, annual mileage, your claims history, your loan-based insurance rate (loan risk pays more) and its type. and the amount of insurance chosen.
Related: 9 Factors That Affect Your Car Insurance Rates
Chevrolet Traverse Insurance vs. Similar Cars
If you’re shopping for a Traverse, you might also want to check out the Ford Explorer, Kia Telluride or Toyota Highlander. Of these types, Traverse is the equivalent of a verification tree. Insurance should not be a major factor in your decision to buy a car among these cars.
How to Save Money on Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
There are several ways you can reduce the cost of your car insurance, such as:
- Shop around. Insurance companies price their policies differently and the best way to get the best deal is to compare car insurance policies from several companies.
- Ask for a discount. There are more than a dozen auto insurance discounts and you may be eligible for some of them.
- Buy the right car insurancee. While you want to make sure you have enough insurance, you also don’t want to pay for insurance you don’t need. Here’s how to find out how much car insurance you need.
- Consider a higher deductible. A car deductible is the amount that will be deducted from your insurance check if you file a car insurance claim under your collision or comprehensive coverage. The higher your deductible, the more you will pay for car insurance.
- Have good credit. Using credit-based car insurance is allowed in 46 states. But not all companies evaluate credit the same way when setting their rates, which is why it’s important to shop around.
- Get rewarded for driving well. Most insurers offer performance-based insurance that monitors your driving behavior (such as speeding and distraction) and rewards good drivers with discounts.
Related: Chevrolet Traverse review
Best Car Insurance Companies 2022
With so many options for car insurance companies, it can be difficult to know where to start in finding the right car insurance. We’ve reviewed insurers to find the best car insurance companies, so you don’t have to.
Prices are based on drivers with a good record with $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per person, $300,000 in accidents and $100,000 in property damage coverage, uninsured motorist coverage and any other coverage required by the state. The price includes collision and comprehensive coverage with a $500 deductible. Prices are from Quadrant Information Services as of June 2022.