Your home is one of the biggest things you can make.
Do you have the right tools to help you run smoothly? And no, we’re not talking about what’s in your toolbox (although that is important).
We are talking about software designed to help you easily manage the many things that make up your home. From landscaping to planning your next renovation to making sure you have the right unit to fix that broken appliance, there are many software programs available for download that can make homeownership easier.
Let’s take a look at some home ownership apps that can help you stay away from the things that make your home a home.
Helpful Programs for Homeowners
- Centric. A bunch of books on how to use these tools are old things. The Centriq app has a seemingly endless list of manuals for almost any type of appliance or household appliance – from mixers to water heaters to drills and more. Not only will you have all your documents at your fingertips, the app also includes how-to videos, planning reminders and safety reminders. It makes it easier for you to buy replacement parts. While there are several plans to choose from, including a free trial version, be prepared to spend a little if you want to take advantage of all of Centriq’s features.
When the maintenance reminder goes off, make sure you’re done. See how the researchers calculated whether they improved or compromised.
- Old Houses. Do you have a real financial handle on running your home? Do you know where to start with your next renovation project? Do you know when you should clean your gutters? You will with HomeZada. The app bills itself as a home management system that tracks everything from home maintenance to renovations to financial data on things like expenses, maintenance costs and home value. Ultimately, the goal is to help you manage your household chores. There are several subscription options to choose from, including a free version.
As for home improvement, here it is five projects you can complete to make your home safer.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Home Inventory App. Home labels are exactly what they sound like. It’s a list of all your items, along with their estimated value. And we can’t stress it enough How important is it to own a house, because it is a great way to help protect the contents of your home. The free NAIC Home Inventory app allows you to create a home inventory from your smartphone. You can manually enter items or scan barcodes and upload photos, organize your items and room. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can ship your items for easy delivery to your insurance company.
- The Erie Insurance mobile app. Find it easily, when you want your chance ERIE home owners insurance and our mobile app. You can securely access important legal information, make payments, view your requests and more. Get peace of mind that your home is protected – all from your fingertips. Note: you must have an ERIE online account.
- Security systems. There are many ways to protect your home. Having security – or security equipment – is one of them. And thanks to smart technology, you can be sure that there is software for many security solutions on the market ‒ such as ADT Pulse, Hold on, SimpliSafe etc. Check with your service provider to see what programs are available for your security. Many have features that allow you to remotely set your alarm, turn off your lights and connect your smart devices.
- Smart Home Apps. Thanks to the Internet of Things, it’s possible for almost every device in your home to function as a smart device as well. From thermostats and light bulbs to refrigerators and coffee pots, technology is now making it possible to control your home while you’re away and automate various household tasks. But with so many different components, managing it all can be a daunting task. This is why the “three” technology companies are all focused on their smart home software: Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Apple Home. If you own multiple smart devices, you’re probably familiar with these apps. But it’s worth doing a little research to understand all that is available and their capabilities.
Keeping You in Minutes
Home is not just a place; I feel it, too. We know the importance of “home” and we are here to protect it. With the help of an ERIE agent, you can have confidence in your publication. To learn more about home insurance from ERIEcontact us today.