The Hilb Group has announced another acquisition in Massachusetts. Effective July 1, 2022, the top 20 agency has partnered with the King and Cushman Agency in Hampshire County.
“We are delighted to welcome King and Cushman to the Hilb Group,” said Hilb Group CEO Ricky Spiro. “With a strong reputation and long-standing relationships, they represent the best way to connect with strong partners who have built strong relationships with their local customers. We look forward to our journey together.”
An independent organization for over 100 years
Based in Northampton, Massachusetts, King and Cushman has served the region for nearly 100 years, building a proven track record of professional advice backed by strong, sustainable community connections. The agency focuses on providing property and casualty services to their clients in both commercial and personal matters. Agency CEO Scott King and his team of insurance professionals have joined the Hilb Group in New England.
“Joining the Hilb Group presents an exciting opportunity for our business and those we serve,” said Scott King. “We look forward to providing the same, reliable service, while providing even more solutions, support, and value to our customers.”
With the addition of King and Cushman Agency, Hilb Group will expand its presence in New England and especially Western Massachusetts.
THG continues to expand its presence throughout New England
Below is a list of Massachusetts agencies that The Hilb Group has acquired since 2015. Since Agency Checklists only began reporting M&As with this agency specifically in 2016, the 2015 work is not relevant. In addition, prior to this year we had no acquisitions of corporations outside of Massachusetts. Accordingly, additional THG earnings in New England, prior to 2021, are not shown below.
- Hilb Group Acquires Paige & Campbell, Inc. Based in Vermont, Expands Market Access and Customer Offerings (2022)
- Hilb Group Adds New Hampshire Agency (2021)
- Forrest Insurance Agency Acquired by The Hilb Group (2021)
- Hilb Group Completes Acquisition of DF Dwyer & Associates, LLC (2021)
- Hilb Group Adds MillBrook Benefits And Insurance To Its Growing Massachusetts Acquisition List (2021)
- Compass Planners Joins Hilb Group (2021)
- Chatham’s Eldredge & Lumpkin Sold to Hilb Group (2020)
- Hilb Group Acquires Group Insurance (2020)
- The Hilb Group, LLC Acquires LifePlus Insurance Agency, Inc. (2021)
- Another Massachusetts Insurer Joins Hilb Group (2019)
- Hilb Group Acquires Southborough-based G&N Insurance
- Hilb Group Adds Massachusetts-based, The Incentive Group to Its Growing Massachusetts Base (2019)
- Hilb Group Acquires Handy-Apple Valley Agency (2019)
- New England-based 360 Corporate Benefit Advisors Acquired by Hilb Group (2019)
- Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts’ Marsh-Kemp Insurance (2019)
- Hilb’s Hat Trick for December: Three Mass Media Purchases in One Month (2018)
- The Hilb Group, LLC Adds Mackintire Insurance Agency, Inc. (2018)
- Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts DBR Group (2018)
- Hilb Group Acquires BAR Insurance Brokerage of Needham (2018)
- Massachusetts’ HR Knowledge Acquired by the Hilb Group (2017)
- Massachusetts’s “Five Star” Agency, Mid-State Insurance, Acquired by THG (2017)
- Hilb Group acquires Sapers & Wallacks (2017)
- Hilb Group Finds Hyannis’ Dowling & O’Neil (2016)
- Hilb Group Announces Acquisition of Insurance Firms Gencorp and Cornerstone (2015)
The top 30 insurance companies in the United States
Founded in Richmond, Virginia in 2009, the Hilb Group has grown through acquisitions focused on selling mid-market insurance. THG now has more than 90 offices in 21 states including Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
In 2015, The Hilb Group became a portfolio company of ABRY Partners, a Boston-based equity fund. In October 2019, the Hilb Group itself was sold to The Carlyle Group for a price of more than one billion. For those interested in reading more about this agreement, please see Agency Checklists’ November 5, 2019 issue titled, “Hilb Group Sold To Carlyle Group.”