When is World Youth Day?
12 August and the celebration of International Youth Day. On this day, let’s take a vow to be healthy and fit to change the world into a better place. Read on to learn more.
With the number of under 3 billion young people under the age of 30 in the world increasing worldwide, the current situation of young people is huge. In fact, today’s youth make up nearly half of the world’s population and have the potential to make unparalleled contributions to public health.
In order to celebrate this youth involvement, the United Nations together with other international organizations started the celebration of ‘International Youth Day’. International Youth Day is celebrated on August 12 every year. The day was celebrated for the first time in 1999 by a resolution of the UN General Assembly. The day seeks to promote ways to empower young people to contribute to the betterment of society.
In this blog, let’s delve deeper into the concept of International Youth Day and how youth health is linked to population growth.
How Can Healthy Youth Help People?
Health is the most important thing that a person needs to stay happy, and a healthy person can be useful to people. In the same way, a healthy and fit young person can contribute effectively and fully commit to the development of humanity. Therefore, despite the turmoil in the world, a young person who is healthy, can help change the world in a positive way. On the other hand, if the young generation falls into the trap of bad habits, which lead to poor health, it acts as a hindrance to their progress and the progress of society.
Therefore, young people today should avoid bad habits such as drinking alcohol, smoking, taking drugs and not doing other physical activities. These habits do not only harm the health of one person but can put an entire generation at risk.
Therefore, it is important to promote a healthy lifestyle and take steps to prevent diseases so that future generations can be safe. Also, habits that are formed at an early age go a long way to build a lifetime. And it is true that the young generation is the backbone of the nation. If the youth are healthy, then we can think about bringing about social change. So, on World Youth Day 2022, let’s Pledge to Be Strong and Healthy.
12 August – World Youth Day 2022 Topic
The theme of the World Youth Day 2022 is – “Engagement: Building a World for All Ages”. The theme of the day reinforces the message that in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, it is time for everyone to take action and promote awareness to remove barriers that prevent intergenerational cooperation, which harms people.
5 Tips to Help You Be Healthy or Live a Healthy Life
Below are some tips that can help young people lead a healthy lifestyle:
- Make it a habit to exercise every day – This is the most important thing that young people should develop in their daily activities. The formation of such habits at a young age helps create a foundation that goes a long way into adulthood to help one stay strong and active. Exercising for 30 minutes every day can help reduce the risk of many natural killer diseases. So, pledge to spend at least half an hour every day exercising on World Youth Day.
- Eat Healthy – Another good habit to inculcate from a young age is the habit of eating healthy foods. Eating healthy means eating healthy foods and avoiding foods that are not good for your health, such as foods high in saturated fat. Also, avoid foods that are high in sugar and salt. In this way, you can avoid diseases like obesity, diabetes, and other lifestyle related diseases. So, this Youth Day, pledge to increase your healthy eating habits to stay fit and healthy. Also, try to eat healthy foods at the right time for maximum benefits.
- Stay away from Stress and Depression – These are some of the things that make people sick, especially young people. Living in a fast-paced life, we tend to get caught up in more competition and insecurities in education, work, etc., and neglect our body and mind. This opens the door to psychological problems and depression. Therefore, it is better to think seriously about things like stress and depression after you have diagnosed yourself. So, on this youth day let’s promise to avoid stress and depression and live a happy life.
- Avoid smoking and drinking Alcohol – These are bad habits that today’s youth should avoid. Alcohol and tobacco use are harmful and responsible for the death of young people around the world. Therefore, if you avoid drinking alcohol and smoking while you are young, you can live a healthy life as long as you are healthy. So, promise to give up such bad habits and live a healthy life on this Youth Day.
- Getting Health Insurance – Another thing you should promise to do on Youth Day is to buy good things comprehensive health insurance plans to protect your health and life from various diseases. With the best health insurance plan by your side, you can deal with illness without worrying about any financial problems.
Also: Why It’s Recommended to Buy Health Insurance in Their Early 30s.
Just knowing when to celebrate world youth day is not enough, try to find out more about its meaning. It is the responsibility of today’s youth to teach good morals and have a good attitude so that they can participate in the work of building the country and help all people. So, let’s prepare for the celebration of International Youth Day in India in 2022 by pledging to be fit and healthy.
Did you find this post informative? Browse PayBima Blogs read interesting articles about Health Insurance, Car Insurance, Bike Insurance, Term Life Insurance and Investment part. You can visit PayBima Buying Insurance Online.