Health Insurance Card And Its Importance – Know The Details
Your health insurance card is just as important as your credit or debit card and it’s a good idea to have it with you at all times. This post is all about the health insurance card and its importance to its owner, i.e. you.
When you buy a health insurance plan from your insurer, they will give you a health insurance card. This document is very important because it contains all the necessary information about the health insurance you have purchased. Apart from that, the card also shows how much coverage your health insurance provides. This is why it is important to keep this card safe with you at all times. Learn more about health insurance card and its importance in this blog.
What exactly is a Health Insurance Card?
As mentioned above, a health insurance card is issued by your insurance company at the time of purchasing health insurance. Before we go any further, a brief explanation of what is health insurance? It refers to a plan or policy that provides support for your medical expenses or the cost of medical care.
Now back to the health insurance card; it is actually a proof or confirmation of health insurance what you bought from the insurance company. Now let’s look at the health insurance card and its importance.
Also Read: Digital Health ID Card – Know All
What Does a Health Insurance Card Include?
All your personal information is detailed in your health insurance credit card, which is useful when you are admitted to the hospital for medical treatment. Apart from this, your health insurance card may also contain all the necessary details of your health insurance, which the hospital may also require at the time of admission. Below are the requirements listed in the owner’s health insurance card:
- Name of the cardholder
- Cardholder’s birthday
- Type of health insurance
- Total insurance money under the plan
- Health insurance number
- Expiry date
- Name of the insurance company
Note: Everyone who has insurance is given a special health insurance card. This is why it is important to save carefully. Also, make sure you carry the card with you at all times as you may need it any time you need medical care in an emergency. With a health insurance card, you will have the right to receive medical treatment at a hospital. The card can also be used for medical reimbursement from the insurance company at a later date.
Health Card Requirements for Insured Persons
Your health insurance card is a very important document and therefore it is important to keep it safe at all times. Here are some of the benefits of having a health card:
- It allows you to find a free clinic anywhere: Your health insurance card is your ticket to free health care anywhere in the country. You may travel to another area and may need urgent medical attention; with a health card in your wallet, you can easily choose a cashless hospital site at any of the network hospitals specified by your insurance.
- It keeps all your information in one place: Having a health insurance card makes it easy to keep all of your health insurance needs in one place. You can quickly access it anytime, anywhere and get medical care quickly. Also, since the expiration date is available on the card, it serves as a quick reminder to renew your policy so you can continue to enjoy its benefits.
- It makes it easy to carry: The advantage of having a health card is that you only need to carry it in your wallet or purse instead of carrying all the legal documents all the time, which is not practical. The card contains your policy number and is all you need to get treatment at any hospital, free of charge. Simple, right?
Health Insurance Card Download
Although your health insurance company usually gives you your health card by hand, along with other legal documents, you can also choose to download it online. This is a great option if you have not been able to collect it yourself for some reason. Here’s how to download your health insurance e-card:
- Log in to your health insurance website and click on the tab that says ‘Download E-card’.
- Next, enter your policy in the space provided – your policy number or your claim ID, whichever is applicable.
- Fill in the rest correctly. Check and confirm them once before hitting the ‘Download’ button.
- Your e-card is now ready to download.
What to Do If You’ve Lost Your Health Insurance Card?
As we have already explained, your health card is an important document, like any other document, which contains information related to your health insurance. That’s why it’s important to always keep a safe with you, even if you have it. However, the chances are that it may get misplaced or lost or damaged due to other reasons.
The good news is that you don’t have to worry about this. Just contact your insurer’s customer service team who can guide you on what to do. Apart from that, you can also order your health insurance card online. Go to your insurance’s website and find out more about this.
Health Insurance Card Verification
Your health card is as valid as your health insurance policy. Note that if you choose to renew your policy, your insurer will issue the card again.
A health insurance card is very important because it has all the important information in one place. It is just as important as a debit or credit card and should therefore be taken care of. Its high mobility capability makes it the best among policy holders. Look online for the best health insurance plans in India and don’t forget to ask your insurer for your insurance card at the time of purchasing the plan.
Did you find this post informative? Browse PayBima Blogs read interesting articles about Health Insurance, Car Insurance, Bike Insurance, Term Life Insurance and Investment part. You can visit PayBima Buying Insurance Online.