Drivers often have problems with their cars when the temperature drops. Roadside assistance covers your vehicle in the event of a car accident. When you call roadside assistance from the road or your home, your agent will send a mechanic or tow truck to help you with your vehicle. Roadside assistance is designed to keep you safe, and many helpers take safety precautions when working on your vehicle, such as flashing lights or cones to alert other drivers. Learn what The General’s roadside assistance covers to see if it’s right for you.
All About Roadside Assistance from The General
Roadside assistance is designed to help drivers if they get lost or their vehicle breaks down. What is available varies by insurance company, your specific policy, and country. General Insurance coverage includes:
- Towing function: Your vehicle can be towed to a location of your choice or to a nearby mechanic.
- Battery starter function: Your assistant will restart your battery when it dies. They can also make minor changes to alternators, starters, and more.
- Fuel delivery service: A truck sends fuel to get you closer to gas. They can also provide water, oil, and other supplies.
- Closing function: Your agent will help you get into your car if you’re locked out, or they can call a locksmith for you.
- 24 hours of traffic: Most sidewalk plans often include road projects in the United States and Canada.
Who Can Use Roadside Assistance?
While everyone can benefit from a little extra protection, The General’s roadside assistance is great value if you meet the following criteria:
- You have an old car. Older cars often have mechanical problems and require more maintenance. If so, the benefits of roadside assistance are important.
- You have a long way to go. If you like to go on road trips, have a long commute to work, or drive a lot in the off-season, then a phone call can protect you.
- You value freedom. Roadside assistance is ideal for drivers who don’t know how to change a tire or don’t have the necessary tools to start the battery. You can also skip comparing service providers to see which one best suits your needs.
How Much Does General’s Roadside Assistance Service Cost?
Roadside assistance can help you save money in the long run. Many roadside assistance providers negotiate rates with their support network to ensure members get the best possible rates. Most drivers with roadside assistance use it several times a year, which reduces the cost of each service. Each plan is different, but coverage usually starts at around $60 for a 6-month plan. General roadside assistance is not part of the insurance, but the cost is included as a convenience.
How Can I Add General Roadside Assistance to My Road?
General offers a roadside assistance plan through Nation Safe Driver that you can purchase regardless of your policy.* The program offers 24-hour emergency assistance including towing, battery service, fuel delivery, and towing. General roadside assistance is designed to get you back on the road safely in the event of an accident. When your vehicle is damaged or missing, Nation Safe Driver’s customer service representatives respond quickly to provide you with the best service available.
If you signed up for The General’s roadside assistance plan through Nation Safe Driver, show your documents to confirm the details of your plan and how to use it when you need it. If you are looking for a car insurance company that is affordable and offers you additional coverage through the roadside, get a quote to see what your money will cost. You can also check out our blog for other ways to stay safe on the road.
*Roadside assistance is a program or service provided by Nation Safe Driver. It is not part of General Insurance or premiums.